Friday, October 18, 2013

Celebrate the Small Things-October 18, 2013


It's Friday!  That means it's time to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit!

I'm currently enjoying a fresh cup of coffee, which is always an excellent way to work on a blog post.

My dad got me an electric tea kettle for my birthday last week, so now I can easily enjoy cups of tea whenever I want.  Woohoo!

Halloween is fast approaching, which means I need to start planning things like costumes and pumpkin carving patterns.  I'm looking forward to this, because it's always fun!  Lots of people are more on the ball about this than we are, but life has been demanding we focus on other things the last couple of weeks.  

I'm thinking of carving a rather ambitious pumpkin this year.  If it turns out well, I'll post a picture of it for all of you within the next couple of weeks.  If no such picture surfaces, you'll know it was an unmitigated disaster.  Either way, it'll be entertaining!

What would you like to celebrate?


8 comments:

  1. Definitely post a photo of your pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Electric tea kettle! Ooh am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never understood how people get by without tea kettles! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids and I carved a fancy pumpkin one year and it turned out so good we were loath to throw it away. I hope your masterpiece is one we'll get to see. In any case, your trick-or-treaters will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got two pumpkins last week. My son wants an "oh my" face and a spooky face. Easy patterns for me to cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those tea kettles! Mine broke not that long ago, but I will just have to break down and get me a new one now, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never carved a pumpkin before, and I'm determined to do one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin carving is so much fun, messy but fun!

    ReplyDelete