Friday, October 11, 2013

Love and Adventure, Nerd Style



I am officially too much of a nerd for my own good.  Today I decided to write a poem in the style of "Roses are red/violets are blue . . ."  We all know that poem. Instead of making it a standard love poem though, I've littered it with science fiction references.  Yeah, I know.  I just couldn't help myself.

Anyway, you'll find references from Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, and Firefly.  It's basically a sampling of some of my favorite things.

Enjoy!

Love and Adventure, Nerd Style

The Dwarf is Red.
The TARDIS is blue.
Browncoats are cool,
and bowties are too.

The Force is imbalanced.
The Borg have arrived.
We must set course
for Babylon 5.

Corruption is strong.
Smegheads abound.
With Picard in the chair,
our odds are sound.

Bat’leths are sharp.
Light sabers are bright.
Beware the weeping angels
and Shadows in night.

The Reavers are waiting.
Serenity adrift.
Time is a luxury,
and love is a gift.

There’s no time to waste,
with a sky full of stars.
Get ready to fight
for what is ours.

Draw up a plan.
Aim for the rim.
We’ll fly beyond it,
all on our whim.

Set phasers to stun.
Get ready to go.
Let’s say to our dreams:
“Make it so.”

6 comments:

  1. Really fun poem! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an amazing poem, I love the nerdy references! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's brilliant. I will have to share it with my friend. He would absolutely love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear ... I got way too many of those references.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get a lot of the references, but I am not a fan of any of your inspirations. I loved the poem anyway.

    ReplyDelete