Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Express Yourself: Favorite Items


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: What are some fave items you have that bring you comfort and/or special memories?

One thing that brings both is obvious.  My books.  Books are like old friends. They allow me to have wonderful adventures that I can relive over and over again.  My stack of old writing notebooks is also a great source of memories.  I can look back on them and see how I've grown as a writer.  I can enjoy old stories I had forgotten.

Another item that brings me comfort and inspires fond memories is my telescope.  I spent a lot of my childhood gazing through a telescope dreaming of all the things that might exist out there in the universe.  I can still tap into that feeling every time I use my telescope, and I love that!

What brings you comfort or inspires special memories?


3 comments:

  1. I read those old stories and think wow, I really sucked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at Alex's comment. I think we all read the old stuff and nod. "No wonder nobody wanted to read this!" While those stories don't exactly bring me comfort in and of themselves, they bring me comforting knowing I've come a long way in my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite books are wonderful! I do cringe a little at some of my older writing stuff but I also smile because I know how much I loved creating it.

    ReplyDelete