Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Express Yourself: Steampunk


The Express Yourself Weekly Meme is hosted by Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests.

The question for this week is: What is ONE thing Steampunk-ish you find fascinating from books, TV, movies and/or the internet (i.e. fashion, mechanics, idea, etc.)?

I love Steampunk for the general aesthetic of it, but more specifically, I go crazy over anything with visible moving parts.  I've always been fascinated with clockwork anyway, and as a kid I loved looking at the inside of pocket watches and clocks to see how the gears worked together to create such precise movement.  I'm not at all technologically savvy, mind you.  I just love watching the way things work.  I can't necessarily make them work when they're broken. Unfortunately.

Anyway, anything with gears immediately has my attention, and Steampunk is full of that.  I love clockwork creatures of any type.  When I see a clockwork creature, I want to do this.

Image from Doctor Who episode "The Girl in the Fireplace"
My obsession with clockwork is also the reason why I got this pocket watch.





What aspect of Steampunk do you like most?




2 comments: