Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for Uglify and Celebrate the Small Things


Today I have another drabble for all of you!  For those of you who don't know, a drabble is a story told in exactly 100 words.

Today's word: UGLIFY

Enjoy!

Uglify

It started with rage.
The call came and changed everything.  Danielle’s best friend Samantha was dead.  At 19, no less.  Nothing about it made sense.
The freshly painted white walls of Danielle’s bedroom, which had been finished only two days prior, stared back at her.  The cold indifference of them nurtured her fury, helped it to grow strong.
Pulling out her paints and brushes, she set out to tarnish the wall.  To uglify it.  Maybe she could make it resemble the outrage and heartbreak she felt on the inside.
For hours she worked, and a portrait of her loss remained.



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain.  TheCyborgMom and I are her co-hosts.

The weather here has been fluctuating between chilly and warm, but at least the general trend seems to show that spring is here.

We all have colds, but at least they're nothing worse than a nuisance.  None of the symptoms have impeded our lives in any way.

The A-Z Challenge will be over the next time we Celebrate the Small Things, so I'd like to celebrate that I've made it this far.  Hopefully next week I'll be celebrating a successful completion!

My writing is going well, so I'm happy about that!  In fact, after finishing this post, I'm going to get back to it!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!






10 comments:

  1. Well done on sticking with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to U! Only 5 more letters. Granted some of the hardest letters. But you are an expert at this now.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes hope you make the A to Z, I'm struggling, now to think of things I can celebrate, need to this week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your drabble very much. It can be infuriating when you're broken inside, but outside, everything remains the same. Congrats for doing so well with the A-Z! Sorry about your colds. Weather/temperature fluctuations always get me too. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with the writing, if I can sort out this gardener, I might be able to think of writing, rather than the jungle :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for writing and for finishing A to Z!!! Way to go!

    Great drabble, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been cold at night, mild during the day. Our one week of spring.
    Less than a week to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the drabble...I am always so in awe by that kind of talent! We are suffering from allergies here, but thankfully they haven't been too bad. I'm also celebrating that we are close to the end of the A to Z...almost done! Happy Weekend LG!
    Katie @TheCyborgMom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a little longer, and we'll have made it. Good luck with all your writing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very smart choice of u word,

    ugly crown clowns around a lot but he does no harm.

    ReplyDelete