Friday, July 1, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things-July 1, 2016


It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain. Tonja Drecker and I are co-hosts.

We had a dramatic event this week.  On Wednesday, my husband was on his way to work when he got into a car accident.  He was on the interstate, and he went to change lanes.  He checked the mirror, but apparently there was a car in his blind spot.  He noticed in time to swerve and miss them, but he ended up going into the ditch doing at least 70 miles per hour.  Fortunately, he's sore but otherwise fine. The only damage to the car was the driver's side mirror, which is MIA. I'm definitely grateful, because it could have easily been so much worse.

I'm also celebrating the release of my latest novella, Self-Help 101 or: How to Survive a Bombardment With Minimal Injury, which came out on Tuesday of this week.  This novella has a 4th of July theme.  For more information and purchase links, click HERE.

Happy 4th of July to all of you in the United States.  Have a fun and safe weekend!


What would you like to celebrate?


9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a blessing that he wasn't seriously injured. If a lost mirror is the worst of it, that's all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With gas prices at record lows, there will be a ton of traffic this weekend. I'm kind of glad we aren't traveling for the 4th this year. I'm also glad your husband is okay. That sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew. Glad your hubby wasn't seriously injured. That's not a small thing to celebrate. That's a BIG thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How scary about your husband. Thanks goodness he was okay, and as I tell my husband all the time, he should drive slower. Congrats on the re;ease of your new book! I saw it on Alex's blog! Go you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Glad your husband is okay! Congrats on your book release! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey! Thank goodness your hubby is okay.
    Congrats on releasing the second novella in this series! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! So Scary!!!! Glad to hear your hubby is alright!!!!

    Congratulations of your New Release!!!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's scary! Glad to hear your hubby is okay. I worry about those blind spots all the time. The vehicle I drive has big ones, and I'm always paranoid I'm going to miss something.
    Congrats on your new book release! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your husband's okay. That must've been scary. Makes me even more thankful that the worst thing that's happened to my car recently was a passenger view mirror missing (speaking about mirrors) a few months back. And my car wasn't even moving! lol

    I hope you and your family will have a happy and safe holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete