Friday, November 4, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things-November 4, 2016



It's Friday!  Let's Celebrate the Small Things with Lexa Cain!  Tonja Drecker and I are her co-hosts.

I'm normally not an avid sports fan, but I do like to follow the World Series when it happens.  Maybe the fact that I used to play softball as a kid contributes to my enjoyment of baseball. All I can say is that Game 7 of the 2016 World Series was probably the most tense and exciting game I've ever seen in my life.  I know a lot of people who were up too late watching it, and I'm glad I got to see it.  Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs for winning it all for the first time since 1908, and kudos to the Cleveland Indians for playing such a great game. It was indeed a hard fought battle all the way.

Parent-teacher conferences were this week, and they went quite well.  My boys seem to be doing well in school this year, and their teachers only had positive things to say about them. I think that's worth celebrating!

Writing is also going well this week.  I feel like I'm getting a lot done.  Let's hope I can keep it up!

Also, if you're interested in getting free copies of some of my books, go HERE and find out how you can make that happen.

What would you like to celebrate?


9 comments:

  1. Yay for the Cubbies! I love it when underdogs triumph. Congrats on having such good and hard-working boys that get well-deserved praise from the teacher. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear things are going well with your kids at school. I won't get to see my daughter's teacher until after Thanksgiving, but I expect to hear good things as well, but I try not to take that for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good report on your boys.
    Think it's great the Cubs finally won. I think most of the fans watching that game were coming unglued.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a baseball fan so I didn't follow the game, but saw lots of people cheering about it and that was cool to see. We need more happiness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had parent teacher conference with my younger son's teachers today, and I was surprised by how well it went. (You always dread the response when they're not only starting a new school, but some unique learning handicaps.) I'm glad yours went well too.

    We were tempted to stay up and watch the game, but it was so late and I was completely dead. I was stoked they won too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your boys are doing well! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children doing well at school is always something to celebrate and heave a sigh of relief over too :) Have a super weekend. Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cubs winning- I don’t think anyone saw that coming. Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete